Monday, January 20, 2014

AND THE NOMINEES ARE...

Some of the finest books, authors, covers, and publishers in the industry are up for the annual awards from Love Romance Café. Dawn Roberto and her staff worked hard to select the contenders and lay out the voting procedures. A wise and seasoned author told me, "Chosen as a nominee is the honor" and I do believe she was correct.

I'm grateful and excited to be a part of this moment. My erotic novella PHOTO Op! is in the running for Best Contemporary Book 2013. This would not have happened without my amazing editor Helen Hardt and those two critique rascals who never let me get by with a thing, Melissa Bradley and Erica Dananay. A special thanks goes to the person who started this all and shoved me onto the right path, my mentor mystery writer Beth Anderson.

There are many close friends who are nominated this year. Three phenomenal authors who are also my Wenches of Words cohorts: Sharon Ledwith, Legend of the Timekeepers Best YA Book, and Sam Cheever Best Author and Declan Sands Blood-Hound Best Series. Another bud who has always been there when I needed her Clare London Best Cover. The other nominee friends are at the top of their genres Jane Dougherty The Dark Citadel Best YA Book, Desiree Holt Lock and Load Best Thriller/Suspense/Mystery, Selena Illyria Mate Not Wanted Best Erotic Romance Book. I am elated to add Musa Publishing BEST PUBLISHER, and they really are.

The excitement builds as the voting begins today. All 4000 plus members of Love Romances Café are eager to choose their favorites.

Congratulations to all the talented nominees and the best of luck to everyone!


6 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the mention, Sloane! Wishing you good luck on getting the winning nod for Photo Op! You so deserve it! Salute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sharon, and I return the good wishes and fingers crossed to you.:)

      Delete
  2. The LRC awards are a great idea for readers looking for new writers. I commend all the hard work Dawn puts into it. And yes, Sloane, you've got a couple of my favorites tucked in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vonnie. Yes, Dawn does work hard. She's remarkable and loveable.:)

      Delete
  3. Well earned Photo Op -portunity Sloane. Just been over to the LRC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Suze. I definitely appreciate you support.:)

    ReplyDelete