Monday, May 14, 2012

With a Lot of Help from a Friend

Mondays are slated for posts on author friends and their new releases or a terrific book from their backlist, but after a horrid Sunday, I must make an exception.

As you and every person on this planet know, I am not a computer whiz. There’s something about the technology that turns my brain to mush. Probably because it’s technology.

Yesterday morning, I signed in to schedule a post by SS Hampton, Sr. for today’s blog. It was with great terror that I found my blog had disappeared, scooped into oblivion by whatever evil demons linger behind the technical scenes of blogs and all mind blowing things related.

After many unsuccessful attempts to salvage my blog, sanity, and the handfuls of unnaturally blonde hair I’d ripped from my scalp, I emailed computer wizard Kelly Shorten for help.

Kelly is the guru of technology, all its mystery, and a high priestess at Musa Publishing. God love this woman and her talent, but especially her ability to take pity on me.

A short time later, that required zip on my part, Kelly had me back up and running without a hitch.

I am forever grateful to Kelly. The woman is a saint.

Sloane Taylor

10 comments:

  1. Oh, Sloane, I feel for you. Glad you found someone who could help you and get you back up and running.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marie. You have no idea how good it feels to type those words. lol

      Delete
  2. Cheers to Saint Kelly! She knew how to slay your techno-demons, and tame the blog monsters! And if you think about it, her name does mean 'warrior'! Glad to have you back to fight another day, Sloane!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers is right, Sharon. I didn't know Kelly meant 'warrior'. Thanks for the info. Now, I know what to name my next heroine.:)

      Delete
  3. Glad it's fixed! I hate computer troubles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa. I heartily agree with you!

      Delete
  4. Glad you're back. And glad to know where to go to fix my own problems, because I know I have many.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Appreciate it, Cordelia. I so understand.:)

      Delete
  5. My commiserations Sloane. Nothing so irritating and scary than technology. I am cursed with an over-active security system that sometimes blocks me from sites even if I disallow security (which is a dangerous practice anyhow). I can't even enrol in the convention I was supposed to be helping in! The worst of it is that this security has saved me quite often from invasion by bugs, trojans, you name it. Or so its reports say.

    But to have the whole blogsite disappear? Ye Gods. I think I'd just cry with frustration and fear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vonnie, you're a sweetheart and I appreciate your understanding. Even your security is beyond me. I want the good old days when all I had to worry about was getting busted for beer or getting pregnant!

    ReplyDelete