Monday, July 22, 2013

Meet the Legendary and Oh-so-stylish She-Aba…

…who is Lilith’s BFF in the prequel to The Last Timekeepers series, Legend of the Timekeepers. She-Aba is with us today and has plenty to say about following your dreams and standing out in a crowd.

Thank you for coming to chat with us today, She-Aba. Why do you think Sharon Ledwith chose you to represent her?
Because I have the most style and flair when it comes to representing others. I look at a person and see their best qualities, then work with the right fabrics and accessories to bring out their natural beauty and make them stand out. Sharon knows this. I know this. I mean…look at my shoes. Aren’t they stunning?

They are indeed. What is your birth date?
I was born fourteen years ago on the day after my parents arrived here from Atlantis.

Here? Where do you live? What is it about the area that drew your parents?
I was born and raised in the Black Land. I’ve heard that it’s named for the rich, dark soil found in the river and the valley we live near. Since there was too much instability going on in Atlantis—you know, stuff like earthquakes and volcanic eruptions—my parents decided to immigrate here and start a new life. And I’m so glad that they did seeing as their homeland blew up and sank into the ocean.

Wow, your parents certainly made a good decision. Tell us a little about yourself?
Well, ever since I was a little girl, I have wanted to dress up people, and help them look their best. My father sits on the Black Land’s high counsel, so I make sure his beard is braided, his hair is oiled and scented, and his clothes are of the highest quality. Oh, and I also have red hair. Apparently that’s not very favorable in the eyes of the Black Land natives.

Huh? Why not?
Red is a color reserved for their gods and goddesses. The natives think red is magical, and anyone with red hair is considered a freak of nature.

I see. What’s your favorite music?
Ohhh, I love the sound of crystal bowls being played! It makes my whole body hum and vibrate.

Will we be seeing more of you or are you stepping out of the lime light?
I don’t understand what you mean about the lime light? Is it like the moon or sun light? These are very confusing questions! I’m sure Sharon Ledwith has future plans for me if that is what you mean.

What do you do to relax?
I create beautiful sashes, satchels, and shoes to go with all the outfits I put together. The end results are truly extraordinary.

Okay, so what gets you excited?
No contest. Shoes. Oh, and finding the right suitor.

What’s your favorite ice cream flavor, chocolate, vanilla, or strawberry?

What is this ice cream you speak of? There is no such thing here in the Black Land. Again you confuse me with your babble. You need to wear a Babel necklace. It’s all the rage for a Timekeeper. Plus it would help me to understand what you are saying. If you are talking about a favorite food, then I like drizzling honey over freshly baked bread. Mmmm.

Do you believe in ghosts?
No. But I do believe in dark vibrations. I’ve seen it firsthand.

Why should the readers be interested in your story?
What a silly question! This story is about finding your true purpose. Why we are here and what we have to do. That’s what life readings are for. Why would anyone NOT be interested?

What is a life reading?
Life readings are scribed on a small ceramic disk called a life seal. See the one I’m wearing on my spotted-animal cape? I fashioned it to look like a broach. Originally a life seal is blank, but once the high priestess from the Temple Beautiful has had a chance to assess you based on your karmic development, she goes into a trance and records her impressions on the seal which then becomes your lifetime occupation.

That sounds complicated. What is your lifetime occupation?
My original lifetime occupation was supposed to be to design clothing for the people of the various positions in the court and temples. Then one day the inscription on my life seal completely changed.

Changed? How?
That’s for me to know, and you to find out…

Here’s a little sampling of Legend of the Timekeepers set to be released this August 30th.

There is no moving forward without first going back.

Lilith was a young girl with dreams and a family before the final destruction of Atlantis shattered those dreams and tore her family apart. Now refugees, Lilith and her father make their home in the Black Land. This strange, new country has no place in Lilith’s heart until a beloved high priestess introduces Lilith to her life purpose—to be a Timekeeper and keep time safe.

Summoned through the seventh arch of Atlantis by the Children of the Law of One, Lilith and her new-found friends are sent into Atlantis’s past, and given a task that will ultimately test their courage and try their faith in each other. Can the Timekeepers stop the dark magus Belial before he changes the seers’ prophecy? If they fail, then their future and the earth’s fate will be altered forever.

If you haven’t already checked out my young adult time travel read, The Last Timekeepers and the Arch of Atlantis, here’s the blurb…

When 13-year-old Amanda Sault and her annoying classmates are caught in a food fight at school, they're given a choice: suspension or yard duty. The decision is a no-brainer. Their two-week crash course in landscaping leads to the discovery of a weathered stone arch in the overgrown back yard. The arch isn't a forgotten lawn ornament but an ancient time portal from the lost continent of Atlantis.

Chosen by an Atlantean Magus to be Timekeepers--legendary time travelers sworn to keep history safe from the evil Belial--Amanda and her classmates are sent on an adventure of a lifetime. Can they find the young Robin Hood and his merry band of teens? If they don't, then history itself may be turned upside down.

To read an excerpt of The Last Timekeepers and the Arch of Atlantis, please click HERE.

Check out The Last Timekeepers series Facebook Page.

BUY LINKS
Musa Publishing
Amazon Link
Barnes & Noble
Kobo

Sharon Ledwith is the author of the middle-grade/YA time travel series, The Last Timekeepers, available through Musa Publishing. When not writing, researching, or revising, she enjoys reading, yoga, kayaking, time with family and friends, and single malt scotch. Sharon lives in the wilds of Muskoka in Central Ontario, Canada, with her hubby, a water-logged yellow Labrador and moody calico cat.

Learn more about Sharon Ledwith on her website and blog. Stay connected on Facebook and Twitter.

6 comments:

  1. Sorry I'm so late arriving, I've been in edits all day! Whew! Thanks so much for your support and kindness hosting She-Aba on your blog! At least I'm fashionably late! LOL! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still loving it. Good luck on the release.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rita! I'm trying to get everything wrapped up, but you know how the process is! Still doing edits! Arugh!

      Delete
  3. Anonymous5:40 AM

    Can you send She-Aba over to give me a make-over Sharon. I think I need some of her magical fashion sense :) Crystal bowls will be provided.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Sending She-Aba over as soon as she's done with me, Susan. I warn you - this could take awhile! Wink. Cheers for your support!

      Delete
  4. Sounds like an interesting read. Best of luck. I love time traveling novels....

    ReplyDelete